Friday, December 11, 2009

My First Five Question Friday!

My Little Life

1. Does Santa wrap the presents he leaves at your house?
He wraps them in special paper with his name in all CAPS on the gift tag.  Yes, this is necessary.  My mom still does this for my sister...who is just shy of 16.  I know I'll do the same when I have my own kiddos.

2. When is your "big" Christmas celebration...Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Tell us about it...
Our big Christmas celebration is definitely Christmas Day.  Christmas Eve is pretty low key usually.  Watching Christmas Story and The Grinch (cartoon!), wrapping gifts, eating goodies.  Christmas Day we usually wake up and open gifts then head to SC to my Grandparents house for dinner and gifts with my uncles and aunt.  I love every second of it!  Although I am HOPING that next year things will be different because we will hopefully have our own little miracle (or two!) by then!

3. Are you big on keeping tradition every year?
I sure am!  I will be even more when I have kids to share these traditions with though.

4. Do colored lights or white lights tickle your fancy?
I like colored lights on the tree but white lights outside.  My husband has tried to talk me into the white lights on the tree for years, but I wouldn't budge.  And you know something?  I think he's come over to the "bright side" now.  I'm pretty sure he likes the colorful lights now!

5. Do you decorate outside your house for Christmas?
We do a little.  I wish we did more actually.  This year, we have a wreath on the door, an upside down Santa that says welcome by the door, and lighted garland on the porch.  It's very simple, but pretty.

6 comments:

  1. i am in the wanna be mommy club too. i am glad that i stumbled on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to 5QF!

    You Christmas day sounds wonderful..

    We used to do the colored lights on the tree, but..white it is now..:-)

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    Keely

    www.mannland5.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to 5QF! Glad to have found you!

    We are a colored light family. I tried the white lights on the tree, but quickly went back to the colored lights. They are just so much more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you joined in, Jade!! Hope you'll come back next week!! Christmas reaches an entirely new level when you throw kids into it! It's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did colored lights when I was little. Now I do white lights.

    (By the way, I was a wanna be mommy for 3.5 yrs. I called myself a work at home mom-to-be full time aunt. I ended up getting pg after I had some minor endometriosis removed and then I used a product called PreSeed and actually got pg the first time I used it. LOL. I now laugh and say I got pg over the Internet b/c my dh bought the PreSeed online. I used it to get pg for my second too. I'm NOT saying PreSeed is any miracle cure at all... it just happened to help for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete