I'm pregnant!
On December 15th, about 2 weeks before we were scheduled to begin injections for IVF, I got a positive home pregnancy test. I was cautiously optimistic in the beginning. Having experienced a loss and a whole lot of heartache it was hard to believe that our time had finally come (it's still hard to believe).
I got through the first trimester (the usual nausea, vomiting, constipation, and a whole lot of nervousness) and began to breathe a little easier. I now believe that I'm having a baby (and dream of meeting him often).
We found out last week that we're having a boy! His name is Caleb Patrick. We love him already! He wiggled throughout the whole ultrasound and I love watching it (our doctor's office gives a DVD of the ultrasound and I've watched a few times already). I am feeling Caleb move more and more and can't wait for Chris to feel him too! He has found his first toy-my bladder! I love when I feel those strong kicks (or punches?) to the bladder. It reminds me that he is in there and growing strong!
We used our IVF fund to buy furniture. I came home from work one day and heard the vacuum running. Chris had put together all the nursery furniture. I was so overwhelmed. I've been dreaming about this room for so long! I sat in the glider and rocked and cried. I'm so thankful that I am where I am right now-awaiting the arrival of our baby boy. I am cherishing every moment. Thank you so much to all of you who hve been there for me through the ups and downs! I love you and it means more then you will ever know!
I will try to update more often!
I got through the first trimester (the usual nausea, vomiting, constipation, and a whole lot of nervousness) and began to breathe a little easier. I now believe that I'm having a baby (and dream of meeting him often).
We found out last week that we're having a boy! His name is Caleb Patrick. We love him already! He wiggled throughout the whole ultrasound and I love watching it (our doctor's office gives a DVD of the ultrasound and I've watched a few times already). I am feeling Caleb move more and more and can't wait for Chris to feel him too! He has found his first toy-my bladder! I love when I feel those strong kicks (or punches?) to the bladder. It reminds me that he is in there and growing strong!
We used our IVF fund to buy furniture. I came home from work one day and heard the vacuum running. Chris had put together all the nursery furniture. I was so overwhelmed. I've been dreaming about this room for so long! I sat in the glider and rocked and cried. I'm so thankful that I am where I am right now-awaiting the arrival of our baby boy. I am cherishing every moment. Thank you so much to all of you who hve been there for me through the ups and downs! I love you and it means more then you will ever know!
I will try to update more often!
This is my first time to read your blog, but when I saw that no one had commented I had to stop and tell you congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Congrats. Soooo happy for you! Cute blog!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again...
Oh Jade, I love this post. My heart melted reading that you came home to a nursery full of baby furniture. I could almost picture you on that rocking chair. I cant even begin to tell you how happy I am for you. I knew this day would come for you!
ReplyDelete