Monday, October 26, 2009

And the Verdict is....

SUCCESS!

Saturday was supposed to be rainy. So we decided to have the yard sale inside. There was a non-stop flow of people from 7:00-12:30! Sunday was a nice day. It was slower, but we still made over $300! Our grand total was $1,730! Far past what anyone thought it would be! I was overwhelmed! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone that donated furniture, tvs, clothes, toys, etc, etc, etc. To everyone that baked (or sent something to bake-Meredith!). To everyone that shopped. To everyone that donated money. And to everyone that donated time! I especially would like to thank Sheena, Mike, Lindsey, Danielle, Christina, Aunt Louise, Aunt Marie, our parents, and a new neighbor we met Saturday who not only bought several items from us but also came back today with a whole trailer full of stuff to donate for the next yard sale. You read that right! The next! We have quite a bit left over so we decided why not have another one. I know we won't make as much since we don't have as much, but we figure even if we make $100 more, it's worth it! We are thinking about this Saturday if the weather is nice.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I am so excited to see that grand total! :) I was happy to help, and wish I could have helped even more! Secondly, you look beautiful! I think giving it another shot this weekend is a great idea! There are always people looking for yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving your blog an award! You can read all about it on my blog. :) Love you, Jade!

    ReplyDelete