Monday, September 7, 2009

Something For Everyone

I am fully confident in saying that at our yard sale, there will be something for everyone! We have collected furniture (several nice pieces!), lots of clothes, a lot of baby gear (strollers, car seats, activity tables, pack and plays, etc), books, blankets, videos/DVDs, Christmas decorations and so much more! I really hope we have a nice turnout on October 24-25 and are able to put a chunk into savings. We've been told by our RE's office that the cost of IVF can range from 10-14,000 and that we will likely fall into the 12,000 range. So far, we have around half of what we will need in savings. I know that some people may think it seems crazy to spend that much money on just a chance. Sometimes I think we're crazy. But on the other hand, knowing that there is such a great chance that this will answer all of our prayers, it will be worthwhile. And for those of you wondering what happens if it doesn't work? Well, hopefully (and probably most likely in our situation) we would have several embryos and the ones that weren't transferred would be frozen and if it doesn't work or if we would like a second child years later, they could be transferred for about a fourth of the price. So it is not totally a one time only hit or miss (like IUIs are 99% of the time...okay so I made that number up, haha).

I have started making posters and I am going to go ahead and start pricing stuff soon. I felt like I had so much time and now it is quickly approaching and I am just now realizing how HUGE this yard sale is going to be. It is taking over my house! Which is great! Thank you to all of you that are being so generous with your "stuff", time, and compassion. Now I just hope people will be generous with their wallets, haha. Please tell everyone you know about this yard sale. Every $5 that someone spends or donates, brings us $5 closer to our dream of becomming parents.

1 comment:

  1. Jade, I know that this will be a blessed event! You and Chris are so deserving of "great" things, and I am praying IVF will be the end of this journey for you! We are looking forward to the yardsale! You're always in our prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete